We are taught that health is eating clean and exercising daily. YES this is part of it but only PART of the picture! We can spend countless hours in the gym working out and load up on all the veggies in sight and STILL not be healthy or reach our physical goals.
The missing link? Mindset. Our minds and our souls need to be fed, nourished and exercised just as our physical bodies do. We need to engage in activities that push us to grow and learn about ourselves and do things that fill our heart and souls with FIRE.
Our minds and our bodies do SO MUCH for us every single day, they need some rest and love in return to keep going and help us reach our goals, whatever they may be. Our hearts need to be full to make us feel light and full of love to give us the positive mindset and natural energy required to be our best selves.
I have worked with so many women who feel as though they are at a plateau in their fitness results. 9 out of 10 times, the only thing holding them back is mindset.
In a results based world, it's important to note that in order to achieve the best results, often times, you have take a step back and practice some self care and love on yourself a little bit!!! When we see our friends and family stressed, burning out, overwhelmed, and tired, we encourage them to take care of themselves so WHY is that SO HARD to do for ourselves?
Here are some ideas I've come up with to practice a little self-care that do not include working out or eating vegetables! I've linked some of my go-to products that I use ALL the time to help you out if you feel like you don't even know where to start! Enjoy and soak up the moment, you DESERVE it! xoxo
10 Ways to Take Care of Yourself that are NOT working out and eating salads!
1. Brush your teeth every morning and every night
2. Drink water immediately upon waking
3. Apply a moisturizing lip mask
4. Read a good book
5. Have a solo dance party!
6. Try a new eye cream in your routine
7. Use an acupressure pillow to relieve physical stress (I lay on this literally EVERY evening after sitting at my desk all day and it is my SAVING GRACE - I use the brand Bed of Nails, linked below!)
8. Moisturize with a delicious scented lotion
9. Meditate/ reflect/ express gratitude
10. Send someone some snail mail and make their day!
All my favorites in one place. Enjoy!!!